DEFENDERS OF DEMOCRACY
We are a grassroots advocacy group from Michigan's 9th Congressional District, dedicated to defending our democracy.
DONATE TO FIGHTING #9
*See our ACTIONS page for current, urgent projects!
We worked hard in the 2020 election cycle, but our work is not done.
We will continue to post suggestions here on efforts or events you may want to join.
1. Read the new Indivisible Guide: A Practical Guide For Fixing Our Democracy
2. Ready to get to work? Join our email list here to receive our weekly CALLS TO ACTION. We are currently focusing our efforts on our Congressional race for the new CD11 and winning majorities in the MI House and Senate in the 2022 midterm elections.
4. We meet on the second Wednesday of each month at 6pm. Join using this link to start receiving our emails and meeting invites.
5. Please contact our Senators (as often as you wish) to remind them of the incredible importance of reforming the filibuster AND passing gun law reforms!!!
Sen. Stabenow: (202) 224-4822
Sen. Peters: (202) 224-6221
6. Sign up for updates from the ACLU Michigan's Voting team:
In May of 2019, leaders of more that 50 Indivisible groups in Michigan convened for the first time.
Leaders decided we could amplify our power if we worked together, so StateWide Indivisible Michigan (SWIM) was born.
We have met virtually every month since then, strategizing on how to best use our superpower: our network of volunteers.
Our goal in 2020 is to Flip The House in Michigan, by winning the Democratic majority that Gov. Whitmer needs. We need to flip 4 seats and hold the seats won in 2018. SWIM leaders know the best use of our resources (people power) is to focus on these house legislature races. Then in 2022, we take back our Michigan senate.
Find out more about SWIM: