DEFENDERS OF DEMOCRACY
We are a grassroots advocacy group from Michigan's 9th Congressional District, dedicated to defending our democracy.
DONATE TO FIGHTING #9
WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON:
We worked hard in the 2020 election cycle, but our work is not done.
We will continue to post suggestions here on efforts or events you may want to join.
1. Read the new Indivisible Guide: A Practical Guide For Fixing Our Democracy
2. MichiganResistance.org does weekly Call Parties (now virtual), calling constituents to encourage them to call their state representative about a specific issue. Training and scripts are provided. You are calling friendly constituents, so these are easy calls.
Join Michigan Resistance to receive their weekly emails with call party information.
3. Ready to get to work? Join our email list here to receive our weekly CALLS TO ACTION. We are currently focusing our efforts on stopping voter suppression in Michigan and nationwide.
4. We meet on the second Wednesday of each month. Please email us for the zoom link or location for in person meetings if you are a new member: email@example.com
5. Please contact our Senators (as often as you wish) to remind them of the incredible importance of passing the For The People Act and reforming the filibuster:
Sen. Stabenow: (202) 224-4822
Sen. Peters: (202) 224-6221
6. Join Voters Not Politicians to stay up to date on redistricting and voter suppression efforts in Michigan:
7. Sign up for updates from the ACLU Michigan's Voting team:
In May of 2019, leaders of more that 50 Indivisible groups in Michigan convened for the first time.
Leaders decided we could amplify our power if we worked together, so StateWide Indivisible Michigan (SWIM) was born.
We have met virtually every month since then, strategizing on how to best use our superpower: our network of volunteers.
Our goal in 2020 is to Flip The House in Michigan, by winning the Democratic majority that Gov. Whitmer needs. We need to flip 4 seats and hold the seats won in 2018. SWIM leaders know the best use of our resources (people power) is to focus on these house legislature races. Then in 2022, we take back our Michigan senate.
Find out more about SWIM: