Vote From Home is easy, safe and secure.
All registered voters in Michigan have the right to vote by Absentee Ballot.
Here are the easy steps from the Secretary of State's office:
1. Be sure you are registered to vote. Check here: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/
If not, you can register online here: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/registervoter
2. Get an Absentee Ballot application from the Secretary of State’s website:
Print out the application form, fill it in, SIGN IT!
**Check the box "Future Elections: Complete to join permanent list".
This tells your city clerk to add you to their Permanent Absentee Voter List.
Your city clerk will then mail you a postcard/letter asking if you want an Absentee Ballot before EVERY ELECTION. If you reply YES to this postcard/letter you will receive an Absentee Ballot about 45 days before EVERY ELECTION.
3. Mail, email or deliver the Absentee Ballot application to your city clerk. Find your clerk here: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Clerk.
4. Vote using your Absentee Ballot when you receive it, about 45 days prior to election day.
Mail or drop off your Absentee Ballot at your city clerk’s office: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Clerk. Dropping off your Absentee ballot at your clerk's Drop Box might be the most reliable delivery method in these uncertain times. The SOS has a list of city/twp Drop Boxes:
If you don't see Drop Box locations for your city, CALL YOUR CLERK and ask them to get this updated!!
5. Track your ballot here, once you’ve returned it to your clerk:
This is the SAFE and SECURE way to vote.
Or track your ballot at BallotPower: https://ballotpower.org/
6. Voting, voting security & Absentee Ballot videos from Oakland County Clerk Lisa Brown: